Adult Beginning Watercolor Class Loose Flowers
- 4 week Adult Beginning Watercolor class consisting of a 2 hour session each class
- You will receive one-on-one, tailor-made, expert watercolor painting instruction by a professional artist and teacher which includes live painting technique demonstrations.
- Class is taught at Mellwood Art Center Studio #268 in Louisville, KY and there is an entrance by the studio that is wheel chair accessible.
- Use of materials is included in the class fee and materials will be provided for you with the option to purchase materials from the instructor as well.
- You only need to bring yourself and any snacks, drinks you would like to have during the class.
- This class is about more than learning watercolor. It is about exploring your own inner creativity in a gentle non-judgemental way. Our inner critic often comes up when we learn something new and this class is a safe harbour for you to experiment and learn at your own pace. We practice self love and acceptance here which means letting go of our negativity at the door.
You Will Learn:
- Basics of watercolor including color theory and how to do color swatching and create a color wheel to help you create expressive and beautiful color palettes.
- How to use different watercolor techniques such as wet on wet, wet on dry, dry brush, splattering, glazing, and more.
- How to compose a painting and using white space to show definition
- How to paint a variety of leaf shapes and branches
- How to paint a variety of flowers and botanicals
- How to paint a finished piece of artwork
- How to combine watercolor painting techniques with your own authentic self-expression in watercolor painting classes
You Will Take Home:
- Watercolor Class Agenda Packet (Can be used for notes)
- Leaves and Flowers Practice Sheets
- Final Watercolor Floral Painting
*If you wish to purchase the supplies used in this class, you will be able to do so at the end of the course. You can also purchase additional class kits with all the supplies if you would like to give them as a gift. Please let the instructor know.
Benefits of taking this class:
- Receive the scientifically proven health benefits of engaging in art, including stress relief, anxiety, and depression reduction, increased focus, boosts self-esteem, and enhances problem-solving skills
- Relax and have fun in our non-judgmental, fear-free, and supportive online art class
- Discover your own unique style and voice through painting
- Receive the therapeutic health and wellness benefits of art and painting workshops, including stress relief, increased relaxation, mood enhancement, increased serotonin, self-empowerment, and increased self-esteem
Agenda for Each Class Session
- Introduction and Overview of Watercolor Basics and practicing watercolor techniques
- Color Theory and Color Wheel, creating different palettes and applying brushstrokes
- Practice painting leaves, branches, and flowers and working on composition
- Putting it all together for your final painting
Class Dates and Times: Sundays from 12 pm -2 pm
- March 5, 2023
- March 12, 2023
- March 19th, 2023
- March 26, 2023